2802 Santa Monica Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90404
|Home||Special Reports||Archive||Links||The City||Commerce||About||Contacts||Editor||Send PR|
City Council Candidate Questionnaire
Christine Parra is in charge of emergency services for Culver City. She is her first bid for public office. She is endorsed by Santa Monicans for Change, the Santa Monica Coalition for a Livable City (SMCLC) and the Santa Monica Firefighters Political Activities Committee. This questionnaire was sent to incumbents and challengers endorsed by at least one group that spends money to back Council candidates.
1. Should Santa Monica try to build the 8,874 new housing units by 2028 mandated by SCAG?
2. The Plaza project should be
3. The City needs more major developments to help balance the budget.
4. The Council should have delayed voting on the Miramar project until after the election.
5. When it comes to hotel developments, the City Council has consistently sided with Unite HERE Local 11.
6. Is Santa Monica's City government racist?
7. Should the police budget be reduced?
8. If coronavirus cases spike, should the City order another economic shutdown?
9. Santa Monica is one of the few Southern California cities to issue fines for not wearing a face mask. Do you support that policy?
10. The budget cutbacks forced by the coronavirus shutdown were the inevitable result of the City's decades' long spending spree.
11. City workers are paid too much.
12. Unions wield too much power over the City Council.
13. Do you feel safe in Santa Monica when it comes to crime?
14. The City Council is doing enough to make public parks safer for families.
15. Santa Monica is doing a good job addressing homelessness.
16. Who is responsible for the Police Department's response to the May 31 riots?
17. The police used excessive force against protesters.
18. Should Santa Monica switch from an at-large election system to districts?
19. Despite caps on individual contributions, money remains the biggest factor in winning an election.
20. Do you think Councilmembers are transparent when they disclose their personal and political finances?
22. The City spends too much money fighting climate change.
|copyrightCopyright 1999-2020 surfsantamonica.com. All Rights Reserved.||Disclosures|