Santa Monica Lookout Opinion
|2022 City Council Candidate Pop Quiz|
Note: The following questions should be answered without the need for further explanation. However, you can clarify as many as five answers in 35 words or less.
2) Crime statistics, which are based on the number of police reports filed,
3) Police tend to discourage people from filing crime reports.
4) Efforts to reform the criminal justice system -- including reducing certain "nonviolent and nonserious" offenses to misdemeanors -- have resulted in more crime.
5) The Expo light rail line has increased crime in Santa Monica.
6) Is the City delivering clean and safe public spaces?
1) Do you believe the 2022 homeless count
2) Santa Monica spends more than $5 million a year in homeless outreach efforts. The City should
3) The City's homeless services attract more homeless people to Santa Monica.
4) Do you approve of the Council's decision to build housing for the homeless at the site of Parking Structure 3 Downtown?
1) Santa Monica is overdeveloped.
2) Santa Monica should build more housing, especially affordable units.
3) Should Santa Monica ensure there is enough money to provide the services and infrastructure needed before new housing is built?
4) Should state officials dictate how many units a local government must plan to build?
5) Do you think producing more market-rate rental housing in Santa Monica will decrease local rents?
6) Everyone has the right to live anywhere they want, regardless of income.
1) In hindsight, do you think the State, County and City were justified in shutting down most businesses during much of the coronavirus pandemic?
2) Given that Santa Monica has more than $500 million in unfunded retirement obligations and climbing, should the City outsource more?
3) Which transfer tax increases on the November ballot do you support?
4) The City's substitution of commercial buildings and parking structures with housing Downtown is weakening the City's tax base.
1) Are the contribution limits for City Council campaigns giving too much influence to special interest groups.
2) Should the Council vote to stop fighting the 2016 Voting Rights lawsuit and voluntarily replace Santa Monica's at-large voting system with geographic voting districts?
|Santa Monica Lookout is owned by surfsantamonica.com Copyright 1999-2022 . All Rights Reserved.||Disclosures|