Key Features of the Olympic-Pico One-way Corridor
- Olympic Boulevard east-bound (towards Downtown) and Pico
Boulevard west-bound (towards Santa Monica) – setting
up a clock-wise circulation pattern.
- Each arterial would be stripped for a minimum of 7 lanes,
with 5 lanes in the “main” direction and 2 lanes
in the “contra-flow” direction.
- During weekday peak hours – the “contra-flow”
lanes would be exclusively for buses and van-pools. During
all other times (including all day on weekends) the “contra-flow”
lane would be open to parking and local mixed flow traffic.
In the “contra-flow lane, mixed flow traffic (buses
excepted) would be required to make right turns at designated
- The “main” direction traffic lanes are open
to mixed flow traffic, which includes automobiles, buses
- Parking is prohibited on both sides of each of the arterials
only during the peak hours. During all other times (including
all day on weekends) parking is allowed on both sides of
- Left turns are prohibited from the “main”
direction traffic lanes only during peak hours. Left turns
are prohibited from the “contra-flow” lanes
at all times.
- Emergency vehicles have access to both “main”
direction and “contra-flow” lanes at all times.